Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Conversations With a 3-Year-Old: Potty Mouth

Chase and I read a book today that we don't normally read. In the book he has to identify various shapes, and in the very front of the book it has a picture of all the shapes and what they are called. When we got to the "moon" shape Chase called it a moon and I said, "Yes, but it's also a crescent." We practiced saying "crescent" a few times and we were good to go.

On the last page of the story we encountered our first moon.

Me: What is the shape of the moon?

Chase: Ummmmm....

Me: Remember what we called it? (Sounding it out slowly to prompt him) C... Cr....

Chase: CRAP!

I lost it. I honestly didn't have time to even think about holding it in. I laughed so hard I thought I would pee my pants. Of course then Chase saw how hilarious it was and every other word he said was, "crap." I pulled myself together a bit and said, "Chase, we don't say that word. It's not nice." We continued reading and things calmed down, but then as we read I would just think about it and start laughing again (trying to hold it in, of course). Chase always knew what I was laughing about because as soon as I started giggling he would look at me and say, "Crap, crap, crap!" Then we read a book with music in it and he started singing with me, throwing in the word "crap" randomly throughout the songs.

He was so proud of himself.

P.S. See my previous post if you haven't already!

1 comment:

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !