Saturday, November 2, 2013

Happy Halloween!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween! We sure did!


As many of you know, I find it's my motherly duty every year to make the kids' Halloween costumes, and every year I pray they don't ask for something outside of my skill set!  Chloe wanted to be a horse (doable), and Chase wanted to be a werewolf, which was a little tougher.  I managed, though!




Chloe ended up winning a costume contest for her age group at Chase's school's fall festival, which was pretty cool.

I also made my own costume this year.  With my limited budget I decided to be a "bag lady" and make my costume out of bags I already had at home.  I started with this:


...and ended with this:


...complete with a bag headband and bag earrings...


...and little bags on my shoes!


That costume made it through three parties.  I was pretty impressed!  I also went to the House of Torment with my friend Leticia.  It was amazing!  It was scary, but also really impressive from a production standpoint.  I met a cute guy there, too:


Ha!

The kids and I also made some fun chocolatey skeleton finger treats this week:



... and carved pumpkins, of course!


We bought our pumpkins late (October 29th) and got these huge ones for just $5 each!  Can't beat it!  The kids hate touching the "guts," but they did OK:


All in all, they had a fun time:



As I was carving Chase's creation, Chloe was going to town with the sharpie on hers.  When I heard the big announcement, "Mom!  I'm ready for you to cut mine now!" I looked over to find this:


OK....  I may be talented, but I'm not that talented.  I asked her what her favorite parts were and she said the hearts.  So I did hearts:


Hey, it was late and I was tired, OK??  She was happy and that's all that matters... right?

Chase's was much more doable:


Happy Halloween!


P.S.  More photos are in our Photo Album if you're interested!

 

1 comment:

Sandy K. said...

What fun you are having with your kiddos, and vice versa. Enjoy these times, as they fly mightily away!

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !