Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Happy 8th Birthday, Chase!

Wow. Chase is EIGHT. How did this happen??

Chase is slightly obsessed with the video game Minecraft.  He doesn't play it as much as he reads about it, but he wanted a Minecraft themed birthday party this year.  I made the invitations...


...and the goodie bags...


...and then, of course, I had to make THE CAKE (as has become tradition)!  I have to say I am incredibly proud of this one, because I pretty much came up with the idea on my own, not seeing anything on Pinterest I liked (that was within my ability level)!  I only had to steal the idea of how to make the digital effect using a printable stencil and spray food coloring.  The rest was all my design.  The inside of this cake has 6 layers, each one a different shade of green (so when you cut it it still had that "blocky" look).  Ready?  Here you go!


Chase loved it, and that made the 13 hours it took me all worth it:


Blowing out the candles:


He had his party at Gattiland this year and they did a great job setting everything up in the colors we wanted.  Chase was slightly excited when we got there:


And I have to say he definitely gets his animation from me.  Here are a few shots of him opening presents:


He did pose for a couple normal ones for me:


In keeping with my new tradition of giving the kids an "experience" for their birthdays (vs. "stuff"), I wrapped a running outfit in a box for Chase because we will be doing the Color Fun Fest 5K in Austin January 11th!  We will be busy "training" when we can until then.  Wish us luck!

Happy Birthday, little man!

 

No comments:

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !