Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Conversations With a 5-Year-Old: Meaning of Christmas

Just had a "Hallmark Christmas movie moment" with my daughter.

This morning she changed her mind about what she wanted to ask Santa for and I told her it might be too late in the game for Santa to change it.  I had just put the kids to bed and was sitting here on the couch when Chloe came downstairs and said she couldn't sleep because she had a bad feeling about her Christmas present. She was close to tears so I sat her down next to me to talk about it and I reminded her that Christmas was more about what you give than what you get, and we talked about the things she got her brother, her dad, her grandparents... and how happy they were going to be when they opened them. She got the biggest smile on her face and then it was my turn to cry! She went back to bed happy and left me sitting here proud. That's what it's all about, y'all.

(Oh, and I have a feeling Santa will come through for her, too...)

No comments:

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !