Saturday, June 25, 2016

Road Trip Part 4: Mackinac Island!


While we were in Michigan, we took a little mini road trip (within our mega road trip!) to Mackinac Island.  This time my dad got to drive (phew)!


We needed a break so we stopped for a picnic lunch (this photo was also taken by Chloe, with her new camera!):


We stayed in St. Ignace for the night and had fun swimming in the hotel pool:


The next day we took the ferry to the island...


...which took us under the Mackinaw bridge!


When we got there we hopped on a carriage tour...


...which stopped at the Grand Hotel stables, which was cool:




And of course the kids wanted "souvenirs:"


Then we hit up For Mackinaw!


We ate there, which was fun.  Grandma and Grandpa had cool hats on...


So I had to try to be cool, too:


The gift shops turned out to be fun places to explore, too!


And of course no trip to Mackinac Island is complete without fudge....



Some chocolate was (and I never thought I'd hear myself say this) too good to eat....


I hadn't been to Mackinac Island in a really long time, so it was cool to revisit it with family, and spend more time with my beautiful niece Rhianna.  The whole trip was truly a treat!

No comments:

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !