Friday, April 25, 2008

Goodbye Carly

This week America said goodbye to Carly Smithson. In the midst of our move this week our cable was shut off and I missed both the performances and the results show. I am very upset about it because I never miss an episode! So, anyway, I won't be able to comment on the performances this week (*grumble, grumble*) but I can comment on Carly overall.

I was surprised to see Carly go home so soon. In my opinion she was the best female singer in the competition, hands down. But she lacked a little of the "likeability factor" and I think Simon was right on when he said a few weeks back that she needed to work with the stylist more. Maybe that's what killed her. That and she always looked angry/serious when she sang. But I have no doubt she'll go on to perform in some capacity after this show.

Update 4/27/08: I just watched Carly's final performance on americanidol.com and I have to say it was nice to see another side to her. She sang very well (as usual) but you could tell she was also having fun and not quite so serious! She went out on a very good note. All the best to her!

1 comment:

Brian and Becky said...

Brian and I thought she did a really good job this week - AND, she got pretty good (not perfect) raves from the trio.

I am sad to see her go too, she was one of my favs.

Overall, Brian and I think the "themes" this year really stink. They are just all so random and frankly, seem a little rediculous....2 weeks of beatles, dolly parton!, mariah cary!, and now andrew lloyd weber? Now, I like me some Phantom, but, I think it's hard to "personalize" (ie, make it their own) that style of music...

I digress...sad about Carly.

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !