Thursday, November 13, 2008

"Art"

Chase brings home art projects from his daycare a couple times a week. Many times they are super cute artsy-fartsy projects that could not possibly have been done by a 23-month-old. And then there are the times we wonder if the teacher just said, "Oh, crap.... I have to do art with the kids today. What do I have laying around?" Today's art project takes the cake:

It's a pile of pasta and shells soaked in glitter and glue... on a sheet of wax paper.

I know as a mother I'm supposed to keep all this stuff... but I just can't do it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I don't keep most of what Noel brings home from school either. I'm actually not sure I've kept anything. I really don't think she does much of it herself. So I know what you're talking about. Don't feel bad.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, one more..... I read somewhere or someone told me that they just take pictures of all the art projects that her kids do, then she throws the actual art away after awhile but still has the picture of it. Maybe you are already doing this since you took this picture, I don't know. I thought it was a good idea, but I haven't gotten around to doing it myself.

monica said...

To add to Holly's comment, I read that in Real Simple recently. The mom that gave that tip said she did that so that she had a digital archive of the art, and if she wanted to she could get prints of some of it and frame it, switch out the art in the frames, etc. Another idea along those same lines is to take the picture then some day when the child is older get a photo book made compiling some of the art. My mom kept some things from when I was really little and gave them to me when I got older. I still love looking at that stuff!

Sandy K. said...

It's so good to know I didn't traumatize you by not saving everything. Reading through the other comments, however, I wish I'd taken some pictures of your creations, at least.

Anonymous said...

Well, it goes to show that, once again Monica, you are a better mom to Noel than I am.... You must have been who I heard it from. ;)

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !