Sunday, November 16, 2008

Scorpions?!?

I just saw my first Texas scorpion...

...in my house.

It was hiding under one of Chase's puzzles! I picked it up to put a puzzle piece away and it scurried out. It could have killed my baby!!!!

OK, OK.... I'm being dramatic (which is so unlike me, I know). It was very small and we were told by our builder that the small ones are not uncommon around here and that they are too little to do damage to us. STILL....

There was a scorpion in my house!!!! Brian killed it and now I owe him a back scratch.

Update 11/17: I just found this information about Texas scorpions online:
It makes me feel a little better but I still don't want Chase to get stung by one! And next time I guess I won't let Brian kill it with a kleenex, either....

2 comments:

Sandy K. said...

This is right up there with my stories of the "water bugs" in Vegas! Do you remember the story of Grandma Mayers moving into her brand new house in Vegas and finding a scorpion in her bathtub the first time she went to take a shower? She had a fit...it had climbed the drain. Each part of the country has its own "unique" critters:).

Kelly said...

Scorpions are scary! We stayed for a week in Italy last summer w/ Mick's family (they rented a beautiful villa) and there were scorpions there too. I spotted the first one, inside the house on the brick wall in the living room. I made Mick's brother kill it. And then I never walked barefoot again while we were there. Yikes!

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !