Saturday, March 20, 2010

Big Brother Room

Over spring break we finally had the opportunity to convert Chase's room into a "big brother room." I have been wanting to redecorate his room for a long time, but we knew baby #2 was coming at some point and thought that would be the perfect time to do it (since the baby will get his old furniture). I painted for a few days this week and his new bed came in. We are still waiting on his dresser, but other than that, the room is DONE!

Here's a "before" picture for you. It isn't exactly how it looked before, but it's pretty close. This picture was taken right after we moved in over a year and a half ago, when Chase was still in his crib (and then, shortly after we converted his crib into a daybed, we had to take all the toys out or he wouldn't sleep)! But other than that, the room has pretty much stayed the same:

And here are the "afters." New bed:

Painted cabinet:

New window valance:

(And new paint job, of course.) Here's a closeup of one of the lions:

Before you ooh and ahh over my artistic masterpiece on the walls, I must confess it was all done by projecting images onto the wall with an LCD projector and tracing them. I found a clipart image for the grass...

...and for the lions I took an actual picture of the stuffed lion that you see on the bed:

And Brian helped! He painted a lot of the grass. After a day of painting all that detail on the floor (each lion took me an hour and a half!) I could barely walk. My back was killing me! But it was worth it. We love how it turned out and Chase likes it, too.

Not like Chase jumped up and down or anything. He has been home sick since Tuesday afternoon. He has some sort of a bug (fever/red eyes/runny nose/etc.) on top of some, well... digestive issues. Let's just say the sewer is backed up and we have had to do some system flushing.

It's been a fun week.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OH wow!!! I love his new room!! It looks fabulous! Where did you find that bed - it is sooooo cool!!!

Do you know yet how you're going to do the baby's room??

No bedroom redos anytime soon here - the twins are still together and we'll eventually switch it so that the boys are together and Sarah will have her girly room...but for now, all is working out fine.

Christine said...

Thank you! The bed is from Ashley Furniture and we just fell in love with it when we saw it.

I just ordered baby bedding today so when it comes in I can pick paint, etc. Can't wait!

Erin Lambert said...

Holy cow!! This is amazing!!! Great job, guys! Chase is so lucky to have such great parents. I hope he enjoys his cool new room!

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !