Monday, February 26, 2007

Alma Visit

Chase and I went to Michigan this weekend while Brian taught his weekend class. He got to meet some of the step-family (the healthy ones!), celebrate Grandpa's birthday, go to Zoe Hedrick's benefit (you can learn more about Zoe at www.teamzoe.com), hang out with my dear friend Holly and her little girl Noel (where he laughed for the first time!), and go to his first church service (where he met many people who fell in love with him instantly)! He was a very good traveler and a very good boy in spite of (or because of?) all the excitement. And of course Grandma took lots of great pictures (coming soon to our Photo Album)!

We did have one travel incident on our way to Grandma & Grandpa's house. I stopped at a rest area to feed him about 4 hours into my trip. Of course the rest area I picked didn't have anywhere to sit down, and no baby changing station in the restroom. So we ate in the car and afterwards I was burping him and he started grunting.... Yes, THE grunt. He filled that diaper like he had never filled it before. So there I was, without a decent place to change him.... I had to change him in my car and he was too big for the seat, so keeping him stationary as he wriggled all over the place was a challenge. He got it all over himself, his outfit.... And my car didn't smell pretty, either. That was my official baby travel initiation, I think. Eeewwwwww....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! Not for you...but for us, the readers! :o) I love looking at all of the pictures. Too cute! I wanna meet him! - Ashley O.

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !