Saturday, August 28, 2010

Conversations with a 3-Year-Old: Don't Beat Me!

Chase has recently become very competitive (that's ALL Brian).  He has to beat you at everything.  If you're walking up the stairs with him he has to make it to the top first.  If you're walking down the stairs he has to make it to the bottom first.  If he's behind he will start crying, "Don't beat me!"

That phrase is funny in itself, but the other day I decided the boy needed to learn he can't win all the time, so I beat him.  He did not like it... and cried.  A lot.  *sigh*

Apparently the next morning he turned to Brian and said:

"Daddy, Mommy makes me cry when she beats me."

Fingers crossed he doesn't start spreading that around daycare!  We expect a call from the authorities any day now.

P.S.  This is my second post of the day.  Check out the previous post for some cute pics, if you haven't seen them already!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ahhh!! OMG! too funny - sure hope he doesn't say that in the store or at schooL!

Sandy K. said...

I am reminded of one of Jeff's tantrums - but he was yelling "beat me!" Remember? Kids do say the darndest things, at the darndest times. And I would also like to know when competitiveness became an inborn trait? Crazy!

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !