Sunday, December 19, 2010

Conversations with a 4-Year-Old: My Little Comedian

I have taught Chase a couple of knock-knock jokes recently, which I find hilarious.  Check out the video on the previous post to hear one, if you haven't already.

So last night when I put Chase to bed he said to me, "Hey, Mommy!  What did the taco say to the burrito?"

I got so excited.  He was telling a joke!  One I didn't teach him!  Is this going to be his new thing?  Do I have a future comedian on my hands?  I couldn't wait to hear the punchline.

"I don't know, Chase.  What did the taco say to the burrito?" I asked, excitedly.

His eyes lit up and he said, "a light!"  And then he burst into hysterical laughter.

*crickets*

Yeah....  I don't get it.

Today he tried the same joke but the punchline was "a door."  Still not working for him.  But at least he's trying, right?  Ha ha!

1 comment:

Sandy K. said...

What a sweet heart. It's starting...the years where you paste a smile on your face and laugh and nod. Eventually some good ones come out of the mouths of babes:)

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !