Friday, March 13, 2009

American Idol Time!


It's time for my American Idol elimination reactions! I know I am late with my first one. I think this season that's just the way it's going to be sometimes. I feel like I have no control over my spare time (or lack thereof) these days. ANYWAY....

Let me just start off by saying I don't have a strong favorite yet this season. Usually by this point I have my favorite picked out, and usually I am really good at predicting the winner. This season I'm not 100% sure yet on my favorite, but I do have a select few I'm looking at. Jasmine and Jorge were not in that group.

Honestly, I was surprised Jasmine made the top 13. I have never been that impressed with her voice, and I feel like she got through because she was "commercial." So I was not surprised by her elimination. I thought Jorge might stick around a little longer just because he was loveable. But, again, I wasn't blown away by his voice so I'm OK with the decision.

Mini rant: I hate how they are handling the new rule where the judges can give one "second chance" sometime within the season. I think the rule itself is a decent idea, but I don't like the way they are working with it. They used to announce who was going home and then have them sing a final goodbye. Now they announce who had the lowest number of votes, that person sings, and then the judges announce whether or not they will use their one "second chance" on them. It's like the contestants have to sing for their lives, and then they just get the boot after that... like they keep the contestant hanging onto a string of hope and then say, "Nah, we're not going to waste our veto on you." It's cold!

Anyway, I don't have anything really profound to say about these two. It's time to weed out the weak links and I think this week just got the ball rolling. I will say, though, that there are some really good singers on this season. Maybe that's what makes my pick for "favorite" so difficult. Or I'm just bitter because one of my favorites from early on didn't make it through to the top 36 (Jamar Rogers). Don't get me started!

1 comment:

kari and kijsa said...

Great post on AI- not really crazy about the new rule,...still trying to get used to four judges, even after all the tryouts!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !