Monday, June 30, 2014

Happy 4th Birthday, Chloe!

Wow. My baby girl is FOUR!!!!


It is so hard to believe.

We started celebrating her birthday a day early with a pool party!


Her Florida grandparents were able to come, and they got wet, too!


Chloe had to have a "Frozen" themed birthday party, and Chase made the decorations:


He was soooooo sweet about them.  He worked really hard to make them special for her.  It was seriously one of the most precious things.  I'm so proud of how much they love each other (when they aren't fighting)!  Lol

Anyway....

Of course I had to do my motherly duty and make her cake, themed with the party.  I was going to make one of these types of cakes, but with her favorite "Frozen" princess, Elsa:


However, all the real Elsa dolls I found were crazy expensive, and I wasn't about to spend that kind of money on a doll I was going to shove in a cake!  So I did a search for other ideas and ultimately decided on "Frozen" cake pops, which I am so happy to report turned out very well:



Apparently they tasted good, too:


After cake it was time for presents!


Chase was so excited about her presents, too, but I was so proud of how he let her have her space and do it herself... and she was so eager to share what she got with him:


For her actual birthday we all went out to Gattiland.  This time Grandpa baked the cake and she was able to blow out candles (it was too windy to do candles at the pool party)!


Apparently his cake tasted pretty good, too:


After all that we played games.  Air hockey was a favorite...


...as well as this thing (whatever it's called):


They rode this thing many times, and we had a ball just watching their cheeks jiggle!


Man, I have awesome kids (if I do say so myself).

Happy Birthday, Baby Girl!!

 

1 comment:

Sandy K. said...

I am finally getting around to catching up on blogs and other fun stuff - great series on the party girl. Your cake was amazing:).

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !