Saturday, August 18, 2012

Kidsville 2012

Today I took the kids to "Kidsville," this little "back to school festival" the city does every year. This is the first year we have gone and the kids had so much fun. We started with arts and crafts:


Chase did a great job coloring his paddle ball thing:


While Chloe ended up decorating herself more than her paddle!


(She is looking at her reflection in the mirror behind me... of course!)

Chase played tons of little games, while Chloe very patiently watched.  The only time she wanted to play a game is when it involved shoes!  I hadn't even thought about her playing any of the games until she watched her brother play this one and I looked down to see she was taking her shoes off to get ready for it.  It was pretty much the cutest thing ever.  Click the thumbnail to see the video!

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

(I'm glad someone else's mom was willing to help her out, since I was willing to sacrifice her success for the video!  Ha ha!)

We also saw a one-man circus act, and then the kids had a blast in the petting zoo.  Chase stole some food from one of the animal troughs so they could feed them.  He was so sweet helping his little sister:


I am not a huge fan of these petting zoo things (way too much slobber and poop for me), so I really appreciated the kids being old enough to run around themselves while I took pictures from afar!


Well, the summer is officially over for me as of this weekend.  I go back to work Monday!

If you're interested, there are more photos in our Photo Album, and another video in our Video Album!

 

No comments:

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !