Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Conversations with a 2- and 6-Year-Old: Relationships & Anatomy

Well....  Today's dinner conversation with both of my kids was something else!  That's all I'm gonna say.

Mom: Chloe's birthday is coming up!  Do you think we should go to the water park again?

Kids: YEAH!

Mom: Cool!

Chloe: Mom, are you going to bring your boyfriend?

Mom: My boyfriend?

Chloe: Yeah!

Mom: Uhhhh....  I don't have a boyfriend.

Chloe: Why?

Mom: I don't know!  Do you have a boyfriend?

Chloe: Yeah.

Mom: Oh, really?  Who is it?

Chloe: Me.

Mom: Oh.  Well then I have a boyfriend, too.

Chloe: Who?

Mom: Me!

Chloe: Mom, you're crazy!

Chase: Mom, I have a girlfriend!

Mom: Uh, oh....  Who is your girlfriend?

Chase: Adara!

Mom: Oh, my!

Chase: (closes his eyes and makes a smoochy kissy face)

Mom: Oh, MY....

Chase: (laughing) Booty butt!

Mom: Chase, you know I don't like the word "booty."  Classy guys don't say that.

Chloe: Mommy, I'm a classy chick!

Mom: That's right, Chloe.  You're a classy chick!

Chase: Hey, I'm a classy chick, too!

Mom: You're a classy guy.  A chick is a girl.

Chase: No, I'm a classy chick!

Mom: Oh, so you're a girl?

Chase: Yes!

Mom: Wow, that's weird.  Why do you have a penis then?

Chase: Mom, I thought we weren't allowed to say dirty words!

Mom: "Penis" isn't a dirty word.  It's a part of your body... like an arm, a leg, a finger....

Chase:  (pouting) Why can't I ever say "penis?"

Mom: Well it depends on how you use it.  You can say "penis" if you're talking about your body, but you can't just run around saying, "Penis!  Penis!  Penis!"

Chase: (laughing) Mom, you're crazy....

(Beat.  Then, from the peanut gallery....)

Chloe: PENIS!  PENIS!  PENIS!  PENIS!  PENIS!

*sigh*

No comments:

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !