Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

The kids are at their dad's for Thanksgiving this year so we had our big family meal a day early.  I wouldn't call myself very domestic by nature (at least not in the kitchen), but I'm getting better at it, and this year it was even fun.  The kids helped me plan a menu full of things we loved.  It was eclectic, but it worked!  We had:
  • lasagna (a fan favorite at our house)
  • garlic bread (because it actually goes with lasagna, unlike much of the rest of our menu!)
  • green beans (since we had to have a veggie, and this is the only one Chloe will eat)
  • candy apple salad (since we had to have a fruit, and apples are the only fruit Chase will eat... and since it's covered in brown sugar, cream cheese, cool whip and candy bars, you really can't go wrong!)
  • pumpkin cheesecake (it's one of my staples, and the kids weren't so sure about this choice at first... but I convinced them to trust me, and in the end they loved it!)
  • egg nog (Chase was really the only person who drank it, but it was on the menu nonetheless)
I started cooking last night, putting the lasagna together and making the cheesecake.  I dug out the only apron I own... a Halloween one my mom made me a few years back:


Chloe helped me finish things up today.  She loves to help in the kitchen and I never thought I would say this but it's becoming our "thing," to cook together:


The kids loved it and we stuffed our faces!


Floating over the table are the decorations we made... cards with some things we are thankful for.  That part of our day today was really sweet, and I think I may make it a Thanksgiving tradition.



Happy Thanksgiving!

 

No comments:

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !