Saturday, December 27, 2014

Merry Christmas!


We had a wonderful Christmas this year!  My parents drove down from Michigan and we had a couple days to explore before the kids came to my house.  We did an Urban AdventureQuest downtown, which was a cool way to explore the city.  I got to navigate the "scavenger hunt" app on my phone:


Our starting point was the state capitol, which was cool because I hadn't been there before myself!  Of course the parents had fun taking pictures:


We got to explore some cool sculptures around the city...


...and I teamed up with Angelina Eberly (watch out!):


We had to stop at Starbucks (the first of what would be many!), and we just had to get cake pops!


(The cake pops didn't last long enough to make it into the picture.)

I introduced Mom and Dad to Texas BBQ at Salt Lick, which was a huge hit:


The kids got to my house on Christmas Eve and though they always bring a flurry of energy, we did manage to have some chill time:


(Chase is following Santa on the Santa Tracker!)

Of course we had to watch Polar Express:


And it seemed Boomerang was wherever my dad was (whether he liked it or not!):


Christmas Eve the kids sprinkled reindeer food (oatmeal and glitter) around the yard:

 

...and then we all went to church for the candlelight service:


(My poor parents!  Lol!)

Christmas morning the kids were slightly excited.


Santa brought them just what they wanted:


(Both of which required some assembly...)


And awesome homemade gifts took over the living room:

 
 

The rest of the visit was filled with movies, Cabela's...


...piano "concerts..."


...playing around...


...and cooking:


(Chloe got to use her brand new kitchen set to help make pizza one night!)

We even managed to find time to meet up with my aunt (Mom's sister) and some cousins!


It was a wonderful time and I loved having so much family together.  Hope everyone's Christmas was as merry as ours!

1 comment:

Sandy K. said...

We had such a great time being hosted and involved in activities. We could not remember the last time we had Christmas morning excitement like this. THANK YOU!

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !