Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Happy 9th Birthday, Chase!

My baby boy is NINE!  How is this possible??

Chase celebrated his birthday at Gattiland again this year, and every gift he received got a similar reaction to this:


I was so proud of how special he made each kid feel about the gifts he opened.  He showed genuine excitement for each and every gift, and made sure to thank each kid personally.  We didn't even tell him to do that!  I guess he really is growing up!

He had lots of fun playing games with his friends and family:



He had another Minecraft themed party, and this time for his cake he had a very specific character in mind:


I decided to attempt one of the heads, and I have to say I am incredibly embarrassed at how terribly it turned out.  I really don't want to post a picture of it at all, but in the spirit of my kitchen adventures I have always posted the good, the bad and the ugly.  So here it is (but disclaimer: I have a really good reason why it didn't turn out so great, so stayed tuned!):


Ugh.  It makes me shudder!

But I told you I had a good reason for this cake failure.  I was trying to be Super Mom.  I directed a show that went up 4 days before his birthday, so I was crazy busy with that.  But on top of that, I also promised him I would redecorate his room for his birthday, so I was on a time crunch to get that done.  And I have to say....  Where I failed in the cake area, I more than made up for in the redecorating area.  Look what I painted (in the spirit of his Minecraft obsession):


Yes, I did it all by hand.  Measured and leveled every square, drew them all out by hand, taped it off, painted the squares individually, removed the tape, and filled in the rest by hand.  This is what Chase's room looked like before.  Yes, you are looking at gray trim (and what you don't see is that all the doors were painted gray, too!), and a lovely purple wall:



And here are the after pics:




Pretty proud....  Not gonna lie.

Oh, and Chloe helped (which she was incredibly proud of, too)!


Happy Birthday, Chase-ma-face!

No comments:

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !