Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Swim with the Dolphins!

This year Chloe's birthday "experience" from Mom was to swim with the dolphins!  So we headed to Sea World:


We started our day with a healthy breakfast (donuts, of course!)


Chloe gets to go to Sea World a lot because her dad has season passes, so I let her take the lead.  We started on a cute little Shamu roller coaster:


...and then my baby girl said, "Mom!  Let's go on that one!"



Yes.... The big one behind us.  I thought for sure she was mistaken... that as soon as we got up to it she would say, "Wait....  I was wrong."  No such luck.  Yep....  We went!  I think I was more terrified than she was.  When I saw her next to me with just a little lap bar over her, climbing to the top of that first drop, the images that went through my head alone were enough to make me nauseous!

She walked right up, got right in, and as soon as they announced we were locked and loaded, ready to go, she turned to me and her face turned to terror.  She started bawling and everyone turned to look at us.  I was like, "I promise it was her idea!  I am not making her do it!"  She bawled all the way to the top and through probably the first half of the ride, until I turned it into a "who can scream the loudest?" contest and she calmed down a bit.  After it was over she turned to me and said, "Mom, I don't feel so good."  I said, "I don't either... let's go sit down somewhere!"  I was just relieved she didn't fly out!

After that it was time to swim with some dolphins! What an incredible thing to experience with my baby girl. We pet them, kissed them, hand fed them, did commands to make them do tricks, danced with them.... I got to swim out into the deep part of their habitat and command one to dive down and then talk to us, Chloe got to command one to splash with his tail.... Very cool. We both cried afterwards.


What an amazing day!

No comments:

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !