Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Mackinac Island Birthday Trip!


Brian took me to Mackinac Island for my 30th birthday this year, while Chase spent the weekend with his Grandma and Grandpa K. We had such a wonderful time! We:
  • toured Fort Mackinac
  • went on a horse & buggy carriage tour
  • checked out a wonderful butterfly garden
  • saw Arch Rock
  • walked around the island
  • toured the Grand Hotel
  • picked out the houses we would buy if we were multi-millionaires!
  • shopped
  • ate way too much fudge and ice cream!
  • dined like kings (and queens!)
  • enjoyed the beautiful lilacs
  • swam in the hotel pool/hot tub
  • watched movies in bed
  • took tons of pictures!
We stayed right on the island at The Island House and they gave us a great room because Brian had told them it was my birthday! It was one of the biggest rooms and it overlooked the water and downtown. The view was so beautiful. Here are a few representative photos of our trip:


The rest of the pictures of our weekend are posted in our Photo Album, and photos of Chase's weekend with my parents will also be posted there soon!

2 comments:

monica said...

Sounds like you had an awesome birthday weekend! I checked out your pics - they are great! I haven't been to the Island since I was 12 and seeing the pics really made me want to plan a trip there.

Christine said...

I hadn't been there since about junior high, either. It was a totally different experience this time around. You must go again! :)

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !