Saturday, January 31, 2009

The one time I don't have my camera...

...I actually need it.

I went to a Texas Educational Theatre Association conference last weekend in Houston, which was really great. I stayed with my friends Katie and Ryan and got to meet their new baby, Ashlyn (who is too sweet!). So it would have been nice to have my camera for that. But another reason I was mad I didn't have my camera was because Angela Lansbury and Jason Alexander spoke at the conference. Both were amazing, but I'm afraid my camera phone didn't do the experience justice. Here is Angela Lansbury (on the left):

And here is Jason Alexander (again, on the left):

Ah, well. They were both amazing. I was especially impressed with Jason Alexander. Don't get me wrong, Angela Lansbury's story was amazing... to hear how different it was back when she got into Hollywood (when she was 17.... Did anyone else know she was that young when she got her "big break?")! But Jason Alexander actually requested to hold a master class with a group of 11 students while he was there. His interview showed he was very generous, but very honest. He gave the students there great advice and was just all-around very intelligent and inspiring.

The conference was a great experience but it was definitely different than the old meeting planner conferences I was used to attending! Here's what happens when you get a bunch of theatre teachers in a room together:

(We designed costumes out of trash and then strutted our stuff on the catwalk!)

No comments:

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !