Friday, February 27, 2009

Time for a Gate!

We have been fortunate up to this point that Chase couldn't open doors. Our bedroom is on the first floor, his is on the second. So when we put him to bed at night and closed his bedroom door he was tucked in safe and sound. Well, this morning he woke up as usual and played for awhile in his room while we got ready. I walked into the kitchen and I heard him laugh, clear as day. "That's weird," I thought. "The monitor is in our bedroom." I turned around and there he was, laughing at me as he walked down the stairs... so pleased with himself!

So I guess it's time to put a baby gate up so he doesn't decide he wants to venture downstairs at 2:00 in the morning in the pitch black! I am sad to have to do that, because you could tell he was so excited about his newfound independence!

They always say time flies by with kids, but it honestly does seems like just yesterday he was this little baby and I couldn't believe I would ever turn around to see my big boy walking down the stairs, asking me if he could have oatmeal for breakfast. Crazy!

2 comments:

Brian and Becky said...

That's funny - we took our baby gate down last summer and you are just putting yours up. Kids are so funny, how they all kinda go thru things at different times!

Christine said...

Update: This was a fluke! His door must not have latched because he didn't open another door til June. :)

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !