Sunday, August 2, 2009

Elmer & Ryan Visit

Brian's dad and our nephew, Ryan, came to visit for 10 days and just left yesterday. We had a really great time, despite the fact everyone but Chase was sick at one point or another while they were here! We took Ryan to the doctor the second day they were here and it was all downhill (health-wise, anyway) from there. He was a trooper, though!

While I was in New York, Brian took them to Austin so Ryan could check out the University of Texas' football stadium:

They also did some other exploring around campus:

While they were in Austin they also checked out the infamous Congress Bridge Bats.

When I got back from New York we took the kids to the Belton Sprinkler Park, which they both enjoyed:

Ryan loved the water gun:

Chase thought it looked fun, too!

Brian and I spent the next day with Ryan and Chase at a the Lions Junction Family Water Park in Temple, but unfortunately I didn't bring my camera. We had races down the water slide. Here are the results of our numerous races:

Brian vs. Ryan = Brian wins every time.
Christine vs. Ryan = Ryan wins every time.

I guess that makes me the big loser. Oh, well. It was still fun. I hadn't been on a big water slide in a long time!

We ended the visit with an overnight trip to Dallas. We visited the JFK Museum and saw where he was assassinated. Here is a photo taken in front of the book depository. The car driving by is right about where Kennedy was shot.

We also went to the new Dallas Cowboys stadium. Here is proud Grandpa with his two grandkids in the locker room:

Needless to say, we pooped the kids (OK, and ourselves) out!

More photos are in our Photo Album if you're interested. I don't have the photos from Ryan's camera yet, but I'll add them as soon as I get them.

Thanks for visiting, Elmer and Ryan!

No comments:

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !