Saturday, January 9, 2010

Conversations With a 32-Year-Old: New Addition

Brian and I are expecting a new addition to our family this July! Yes, Chase is going to be a big brother. I am due July 6th.

And yes, you read the post title correctly, by the way. This started out as a "Conversation with a 3-Year-Old" when we told Chase about the baby, but then my husband interjected and, well... the conversation took a whole other turn. See for yourself:

Me: Chase, do you know what's in Mommy's belly?
Chase: Ummm.... Food?
Me: Yes, but there's also a baby in there!
Brian: Yeah, Mommy ate a baby!

I'm sure Chase sleeps with one eye open now, afraid I'm going to eat him, too! Thanks, hubby.

Anyway, Chase isn't quite sure what's going on yet. He plays along with us but I don't think he'll really get it til I get bigger and he can feel the baby move, etc.

This is definitely going to be an adventure (can we REALLY handle TWO of them?!?), but we're excited.

I'll keep you all updated as things progress. At this point I'm a little over 14 weeks along. Not much has happened except we got to hear the heartbeat on Tuesday and it was good and strong (162). I have been struggling with some "morning" (all day) sickness, but it has been nowhere near as bad as it was with Chase (phew)! Hopefully that all goes away soon.

Here's to 2010 being another new adventure for us!

P.S. We asked Chase what the baby's name was and he said, "Two! Cuz I'm three!" So I guess this baby will be known as "Baby Two" before it's born, per his/her older brother's request.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Aw! Congratulations! I can't wait to see hear about how Chase adjusts to the idea (and the reality). Funny side note: when I initially read the title of the post, I thought it said "Conversations with a 32-year-old: new addiction." I was pleasantly surprised to see there wasn't an addiCtion but an addition!

Unknown said...

Congrats!!!

Sandy K. said...

I ALSO read "addiction" - maybe you should change your font!

What fun. Record those little conversations so you can add them to your scrapbooks -whenever you get back to those:). Or maybe just keep a journal so you can refer back to them. I wish I'd done that...way back when. Some of the conversations I had with YOU were a hoot!

Jaybird and Me said...

Congrats!!

Christine said...

Thanks, everyone! :)

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !