Sunday, May 9, 2010

Conversations With a 3-Year-Old: Getting Serious

Chase makes us laugh all the time, but a lot of times I think, "It's hilarious to us right now in this moment, but will it translate to funny on the blog?" This may be one of those "You had to be there" conversations, but I'm going to post it anyway.

We have to get creative sometimes to get Chase to eat. Today he didn't want his mac & cheese. He has been obsessed with babies lately, so I tried this approach:

Me: Chase, do you know what baby birds eat?

Chase: What?

Me: WORMS!

Chase: Ew!

Me: Your mac & cheese looks like worms. Can you be a baby bird and eat them? (Yes, I know this kind of sounds like a scene in "A Christmas Story.")

Chase: (takes a bite of his mac & cheese)

Me: EW! I can't believe you ate those worms! You better not do it again!

Chase: (in a completely serious tone) Uh oh, Daddy.... Look. This is getting SERIOUS.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Totally funny! I get it!

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !