Sunday, May 23, 2010

Nap Time

This actually happened last weekend, but I'm just now getting around to posting it. We think Chase is starting to grow out of his naps. Here is peek at his nap time activity last Sunday (Facebook users, click "View Original Post" to see this video):



Shortly after I stopped this video we heard a huge KLUNK, followed by screaming. I ran upstairs to discover that my one little monkey had been jumping on the bed, then fell down (not off, thankfully) and bumped his head (on the guard rail). Through his tears he said to me, "Maybe I shouldn't jump on the bed anymore so it can't hurt me." Smart boy! Anyway, this photo was taken immediately after we got him calmed down (suckers help) and iced the bump for awhile:

(The picture doesn't do the eye justice, but his face makes it worth posting!)

We went to WalMart a little later and Chase fell asleep in the car (of course). Then when we got to WalMart he asked to take his blanket in, which is weird. We allowed it and this is what happened not 5 minutes after we walked into the store:

I kept stopping the cart while we shopped to make sure he was still breathing (can we say concussion paranoia?). My son NEVER does this. Never had, and I thought never would.

His eye turned lovely shades of black and blue throughout the week. It is looking much better today (phew)! Even though we didn't do anything, we felt guilty taking him to daycare the next day! We wanted to wear big signs that said, "We promise we didn't do it!"

At work Monday I got this email from Brian:

Subject: CPS

So I am sitting in my office and I get a call from Child Protective Services. I immediately think daycare has called them because of Chase’s bruise. But it was just CPS wanting to confirm that a parent had completed the Parenting Course with me. Good times, Brian

Talk about a heart attack!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This must've been the week for black eyes! Sarah got one this week after falling off the swing and then getting hit in the head with it. I think 2 more friends' kids got ones too! Glad he was ok.

and wow...that call from CPS would freak me out, too! whew!!

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !