Thursday, August 12, 2010

Grandma & Grandpa W's Visit

Brian's parents just left Texas after being here for a week.  It was so nice to see them again.  They got to meet Chloe...


...and play with her crazy big brother (I think he wore them out)!


They were also nice enough to babysit one night while they were here so Brian and I could go on a much needed date!  We saw Inception, which was great!

Remember when I talked about Chase's obsession with basketball?


Well, Grandma and Grandpa surprised him with a basketball hoop (which Brian is also excited about)! Getting it put together was an ordeal. The instructions cracked me up:


It actually took ONE capable adult (me) and 2 not-so-capable ones. Ha ha! Just kidding. It took 3 capable adults to get this job done (me, Brian, Grandpa). We actually tackled a different hoop first, and ended up returning it for another one because we couldn't get past Step 2 (by no fault of our own)! The second one we put together yesterday while Grandma babysat. It was SO MISERABLY HOT. We were already drenched in sweat when the downpour started... so we didn't really mind working in the rain (it felt great)! Luckily the skies cleared in enough time for Chase to play with it before bed time:


It blows my mind that he can actually make baskets!! He did NOT get this skill from me, that is for sure!

I will be posting photos to our Photo Album soon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"2 capable adults?" Ha!

Sandy K. said...

Chloe looks so old already! The hoop is grand, and I'm sure you'll get some use out of it. Well, maybe not "you," but maybe Chase can teach you a thing or two?:)

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !