Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ice Day

Well, we had another winter blast last night and as a result school was canceled again today. It's funny. When I was IN school I prayed for snow days. And now, while I sometimes lay in bed in the mornings and think, "It would be nice...," there's a bigger part of me that knows I'm going to have to make that snow day up, and I would rather have a planned day off for a long weekend, etc., than a random day off with weather that's no fun to go out in. Ugh, it's no fun growing up sometimes. ANYWAY....

The kids and I made it a fun day inside. We built a fort with blankets. Well, we built SEVERAL forts, because Chase found it fun to tear them down and rebuild them over and over and over and over... and over and over (and over) again.


He loved it:


Chloe had fun inside the fort, too:


A little later Chase decided he wanted to do a 100-piece puzzle. I thought for sure it wouldn't last long, but he and I worked on it straight through (no breaks) until it was done. He kept saying, "Whoah, Mom.... This is tough!" It was quite cute.


Chloe and I got some fun floor play time in, too. In this picture you can see her bottom two teeth (click on the photo for a larger view):


And then I just kept snapping pictures because she was being so cute!



Stay warm!

No comments:

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !