Sunday, March 31, 2013

Hoppy Easter!


Happy Easter! I tell ya.... I don't know how the Easter Bunny does it. It must be so stressful to tip-toe around the house, praying the kids don't wake up to discover you stuffing their baskets and hiding all the eggs.  And it's amazing when he hid the eggs outside in the pitch black he didn't step on the gigantic fire ant hill that he perched an egg on top of (that was fun to retrieve this morning, let me tell you)!

In preparation for his arrival, the kids colored eggs:


Chase left him a nice note with instructions to recycle all our plastic eggs from last year:


This morning Chase burst into my room at 5:30 am (!!), excited because he woke up to find an egg in his room.  He was ready to go, but I was thankful to be able to say, "Well, we have to wait until Chloe wakes up...." and told him to crawl into bed with me and cuddle until then.  I don't think he even laid down.  Every little noise coming from Chloe's room he had to shake me and say, "What was that?!?"  Chloe slept until about 6:30 and they were finally able to check out the treats the Easter Bunny left:


After examining their loot...


 ...we went on a hunt!


They got so much candy that Chase decided we needed to sort it all out into baggies.  It was a proud moment for this OCD mama!


We then had to wait for about an hour and a half until it was light enough for us to go outside and hunt for the eggs they colored:


Chase's shirt is totally on backwards.  I pointed it out to him and he didn't care.  I guess he isn't that OCD!  Ha ha!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter morning!  More pictures are in our Photo Album if you're interested!

 

No comments:

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !