Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Spring Break Mini Vaca!


I had the kids for the first half of Spring Break this year, and we decided to take a mini vacation to Bastrop, a little town east of Austin.

Because kids always have the best timing, Chloe threw up twice right before bed the night before we were supposed to leave.  We ended up postponing our trip the next day until I felt confident she could handle the car ride without throwing up.  We got to the hotel later in the day and spent a lot of time like this:


We did get a little swimming in that night but that was about it.

The next day she seemed to be doing a little better so we headed out and played some mini golf:


Chloe cheered right up when she saw the merry-go-round (her favorite)!


Then they played in the arcade for a bit:


For dinner that night I took them out (which I never do!) and it was a good time.  The restaurant had a really cool atmosphere.  We were able to sit outside, which was really nice.


After dinner we ventured down to the "Beer Garden" area that had these amazingly awesome crooked playhouses for kids:


There were two, and the kids decided they each "owned" one.  This was Chloe's house...


...and this was Chase's:


They had fun inviting me over to their houses to play.  I totally want one of these in my backyard!


There was also a cool stage area that I'm sure they use for entertainment on the weekends, etc:


Chase had fun pretending the silver post was a microphone, so I had to jump in.  Chase didn't hold the camera steady for any of the photos, but you can still see well enough to know that Chloe had a great time imitating my rock star moves!


The next day we chilled at the pool some more in the morning:



And then we headed out, stopping at a local "zoo" on the way.  When I pulled up I just started laughing and I knew we were in for an adventure.  This was what we pulled up to:


Chase favorite exhibit was the guinea pigs.  Yes, the guinea pigs.  At the zoo.


And Chloe's favorite were the goats.  I guess they don't really care what the animals are, as long as they can feed them!


They had peacocks just roaming around, which kind of freaked me out.  I mean, they were beautiful and all, but aren't peacocks supposed to be mean?


We had a nice little getaway, and the kids were pooped afterward.  When I pulled into the driveway and turned around, this is what I found:


I ended up pulling back out of the driveway and just driving around town for the next 45 minutes because I didn't want to wake them up!

Spring Break is now over (tear...) and it's back to work!  Hope the rest of you enjoyed your breaks (for those who are lucky enough to get them)!

P.S. More pics are in our Photo Album if you're interested!

 

No comments:

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !