Saturday, July 19, 2014

Hunter Jumper Horse Show


I don't know if you remember, but for Chase's birthday I took him to a Harlem Globetrotters game, and it was so amazing that I decided to start giving birthday "experiences" for the kids instead of just "stuff."  I'm hoping I can make it a tradition (or at least enjoy it until they stop wanting to hang out with me).  After Chase had his birthday "experience," Chloe kept asking what her birthday experience was going to be.  Of course a lot of thought has to go into what kind of experience would be the most exciting for them, and for Chloe it was pretty easy to zero in on a target:  My daughter loves horses.  I'm sure I've mentioned that before.

So today we had our "girlz day" and went to a hunter jumper horse show.  I know very little about that world, so it was a new experience for both of us.

I picked her up from her dad's and we started our day with freshly painted toenails and a pizza lunch (her choice), and then headed to the horse show!

We spent a lot of time just walking around and looking at the horses in their stalls and watching them warm up:


Chloe's favorite horse was one that we found chewing on his stall.  She found him so absolutely hilarious that we had to go back to see him later in the day, only this time he had found something more edible to munch on.  Still, she begged me to take his picture so she could remember him forever.  Meet Oliver:


We also watched some of the competition, and we both decided this one was the prettiest horse we saw:


After awhile it was time to go and Chloe turned to me and said, "Mom, will I ever see these horses again?"  I told her she probably wouldn't see these exact same horses again, but that there would be other horses.  The poor girl burst into tears:


(Only I would take a picture of this moment.  But I promise I did it on the sly!)

Fortunately, frozen yogurt cures everything:


To end our super fun day we curled up on the couch and watched a horse movie together.  Chloe loved her "girlz day," and asked if we could have another one some time.  Well of course!  

I love both my babies so much!  Quality one-on-one time with each of them is really awesome to have every once in awhile.

 

No comments:

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !