Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day

I had a great Mother's Day with my babies this year.  They adorned me with jewelry!  Chloe made the necklace and Chase made the bracelets:


They also decorated little flower boxes for me, and gave me some flower seeds to plant in them.  I hope I don't kill them!

Chase brought this home from school, which was super cute:


Now let me take a moment to respond to each of these:
  1. I'm glad he thinks I'm good at dancing!  Or I should say I'm glad he sees me dancing at all.  Dancing is joyful!  Rock on!
  2. The boy knows me well!  I do love to sleep.
  3. NUMBER THREE IS A LIE!!!!  I do NOT like to shop at WalMart.  I'm sure he said that because I've been putting on a show and I have had to drag him there a lot to buy props, etc. (sorry, Chase)!  But I never said I liked it!
  4. 37 years old.  Yep....  Right on the money!  Smart kid.  I'm proud that he knows it, because it means I don't feel the need to hide that number.  It's just a number, after all!
  5. *sigh*  Video games.  Always with the video games.  Mom of the Year award... right here.
  6. "If I could buy my mom anything, it would be a bird."  This one made me laugh.  My kid has an excellent sense of humor.  He knows I do not like birds, and that one pooped on my head once.  I fully appreciated the devilish grin he had on his face when I read that one out loud!
  7. While Chase is at school I am always practicing plays.  Right on the money again!  Get used to it, kid....  You have a theatre mom!  :)
As a matter of fact, after the kids went to their dad's that afternoon I spent the rest of the day shopping at Goodwill (FOUR Goodwills, to be exact!) for props and costume pieces for my show.  Go figure!


Happy Mother's Day to me (and the amazing woman that spawned all of this awesomeness)!  ;)


No comments:

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !