Friday, June 17, 2016

Road Trip Part 1: The Drive to St. Louis

I took the kids on a road trip to Michigan, which was a completely terrifying decision!  I decided to break it into chunks.  Day 1 was a long one: the drive to St. Louis.

We hit the road in positive spirits!


I was so thankful for electronics.  The $85 I spent at Best Buy on chargers were a lifesaver.  The kids were amazing!



I have no idea how parents did road trips before electronics.

We took our time and stopped at all the state welcome centers on the way:


(I think my kids really appreciated my Rodgers & Hammerstein serenade at that stop....  Ha!)


Of course we stopped for meals and the McDonalds playland was a great place for the kids to stretch their legs.  It's a good place for ice cream, too....


We got into St. Louis late, but we got up early the next morning to have breakfast with their Grandpa W and Aunt Lauren!  Of course Grandpa came bearing gifts....  More entertainment for the car (thank you, Grandpa)!


We also got to see them again on the way back home!  Bonus!

After breakfast it was time to head to our next destination....  Chicago ("Road Trip Part 2")!


No comments:

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !