Friday, December 16, 2016

"Crazy" Christmas Sweater Contest!

We had a "crazy" holiday sweater contest at my school this year.  I had never participated in one before so I had nothing in my closet!  Ordinarily I would make my own but my schedule has been so insane I just figured I'd find one on Amazon and be done with it.  But I couldn't find anything that was "good" enough!  A teacher at my school said, "You should have your daughter make you one!"

Brilliant.

Chloe is really into art and doing craft projects.  She designs me jewelry made out of paper and yarn all the time!  So I told Chloe all about our "crazy" holiday sweater contest and said I wanted her to make it for me.  She just lit up.  She took her job very seriously.  I told her it just had to have as much holiday stuff on it as humanly possible.  We went shopping for materials and she wandered up and down the aisles, putting a lot of thought into her choices.  When we came home she got straight to work (and made a gigantic mess, of course)!


I didn't think Chase would care about the project at all, but he got into it, too.  I just told him Chloe was the designer and had to approve all design choices!


When they were done I asked them to autograph it for me:


And... voila!  The finished product:


I was a huge hit at school the next day:


And guess who won the contest?!?


Thanks, Chloe!!

No comments:

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !