Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Nesting and Forbidden Toys

I'm finally nesting. Leave it to me to procrastinate nesting, which I should have done a year ago... BEFORE Chase was born! But now that he's crawling around I'm freaking out about our incredibly messy house and starting to go nuts cleaning stuff out and everything. I just don't need to turn around one day to find Chase has swallowed a lost tube sock or something. So this weekend I got brave and looked under the bed to see what fun things Chase could find there. Let's see... A pack of gum, underwear, a couple cat toys and a slurpee cup top. All of which were Brian's, I might add. Well, except the cat toys.

But seriously.... Anything Chase can't have, he wants. Everyone told me this but now that I've seen it with my own eyes I feel like I can pass it along as advice: When you have kids, don't buy toys. They will want to play with the stapler instead. The photo above illustrates my point. Aunt Jen's credit card was the ONLY thing that would get him to quiet down while we were all out to eat in St. Louis a couple months ago.

Chase's new favorite toy is a prescription pill bottle. He found it from when I had the flu this summer and it was apparently a really fun rattle. So I cleaned it out and filled it with Cheerios just in case he was a super genius and figured out how to open the childproof cap. It wasn't until we went out to Taco Bell yesterday and everyone was staring at us funny that I looked at my son, the bottle shoved in his mouth, and thought, "This probably looks really bad...."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You gotta do what you gotta do! Just tell them - one pill for him, one pill for you - then everyone's happy!

Brian and Becky said...

Isaac had one of my prenatal bottles filled with Cherrios too. I used it in the car for the longest time. Now it's in his toy box and I get some funny comments when we come across it.

Glad to know I am not alone!

Mr. B said...

Wait until he can crawl and climb, then everything that isn't bolted down becomes a toy...

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !