Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Vegas, Baby!!

We just got back from Las Vegas! We spent 4 days there with our friends Katie and Ryan while Chase spent the weekend at “Camp Grandma & Grandpa W.” Highlights from our trip:
  • Shopping with Katie at Caesars Palace while Brian and Ryan followed us around with drinks (so everyone was happy)!
  • Stomp Out Loud. What an incredible show. I had seen Stomp about 15 years ago (yes, that does make me feel old) and it was pretty much what I remembered, but still incredibly amazing to see.
  • We saw a comedy magic show (the Mac King Comedy Magic Show, though Mac King was out and someone else filled in), and the best part was laughing at stupid people in the audience. “Name one of the 50 states.” “Canada!”
  • GOOD EATS. I’m sure I gained 10 pounds but I’m afraid to get on the scale to check. It was worth it, though! We got a chance to go back to Battistas for AMAZING Italian. People leave their business cards all over the walls there so I put one of my Soapbox cards up (I feel so special)!
  • Dueling pianos at the Bar at Times Square in New York New York. Those guys have to make a fortune! We're sure in the 1 hour we were there they made a minimum of $500 in tips from song requests.
  • Dancing all night with Katie at Polly Esthers in the Stratosphere. We were SO tired before we left (so much so that we had to “pep talk” each other into getting ready vs. climbing into bed... like we did the night before!) and when the boys dropped us off we told them we would probably be back in an hour, we were so tired. Well, we ended up dancing non-stop until they closed at 4am… just like old times! My legs are paying for it, though… they are SO SORE.
  • Massages at the hotel spa the next day. The boys chose to watch football instead but it was just the afternoon Katie and I needed to recoop from our night of dancing before. The massage therapist asked me, "is there any particular area you would like me to concentrate on?" and I barely let her finish. "MY LEGS AND FEET ARE KILLING ME." It was heavenly.

Lowlights:

  • We lost $$ (Oh, well.... It was worth it!)!

Highlights of Chase's weekend with Grandma & Grandpa W:

  • Giving Grandpa the opportunity to change his first disposable diaper
  • Giving Grandma the opportunity to scrub poop out of her carpet
  • Waking Grandma and Grandpa up at 4am the last 2 nights he was there
  • Getting new toys and books and clothes!
  • Taking lots of walks
  • Feeding the ducks and fish where his Grandma Janice is buried
  • Meeting the Wilburs and Aunt Lauren

Photos of our trip are now posted in our Photo Album!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The M&M store was on our my favorite stops! We have an awesome cookie jar from there. too bad you missed Mac King...he was pretty good. Glad you had fun!

Brian and Becky said...

It looks like you had so much fun!!!

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !