Thursday, June 12, 2008

Employed!

I have a job, people! I just accepted a teaching position at a local middle school here and will start teaching Theatre Arts there in the fall. Woo hoo! My first year of teaching is actually considered my school internship so there is a lot of pressure for those of us in the program this summer to find jobs so we can pass that internship and be fully certified next summer. It is a RELIEF to know I have a place to go, and I'm really excited about this school in particular.

It's hard to believe I'll actually be standing in front of my own classroom in the fall. I am SO excited!

NOW.... Because once I start teaching I don't particularly want my students and parents to be able to google me and read all about my personal life I'm trying to figure out a new name for our blog. Any creative ideas out there? Please share!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great! What a wonderful belated birthday gift.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the job!!! Yeah!!! you're going to LOVE it! What about the new name be related to your theater in Chicago...Soapbox? There's lots you could do with that idea.

Yeah, I try to keep my last name out of our blog for a couple of reasons, too. (partly due to a scary ex)...although I do have several of my students' parents that do read it on a regular basis. I'm sure you've noticed I try to keep anything about school as confidential as possible - no names or face shots in photos. I didn't write about school for a long time, but some days I just have to share :-)

Anonymous said...

Maybe a play on Chase's name. Like Chasing Life or something like that.

Unknown said...

Woohoo, congrats on the new job! I don't have any good blog name suggestions, other than that you make sure that everybody linking to you doesn't have your name tagged to it either (or else they'll find you pretty easily even if you do change it).

Liza Jane said...

That's great news! I'm so excited for you as I know you've wanted to do this for a while (even though I know you're sad to leave insurance - ha!). Good idea on changing the name of your blog - you could also make it invitation only so random students couldn't look you up.

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !