Monday, June 23, 2008

We have a house!!!!

We closed on our house today. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

This feels good.

It wasn't without drama, of course. Friday our bank in Chicago informed us they couldn't do a wire transfer for our downpayment unless it was to a branch of theirs. Since there are no 5th 3rd banks around here that wasn't going to work. So they said they would overnight us a certified check so we would have it for our closing at 2:30 today.

Brian stayed home all morning waiting for the check. It never came. He got ahold of the lady at the bank who was supposed to mail it and she said, "It's sitting right here on my desk. I'll mail it today." Ummmmmm.... That wasn't really going to do us any good! So they found a way to wire it after all. We went to the closing without any money but by the time we left they received the downpayment over the wires. Phew! Of course this stuff is never easy!

ANYWAY, it all worked out in the end and now we have a house! Our movers arrive tomorrow morning (while I'm in class... ugh) and we will be slowly settling in throughout the week, trying to work around our school and work schedules. We will definitely be in there permanently by Saturday. YEE HAW!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I wish you good luck in the unpacking department. We still have several things laying around that need to be unpacked and I don't have school to go to all day, or homework to do at night. (I also have several lazy bones in my body.)

I'm so happy you have a home now.

Unknown said...

Yeah! Congrats! Glad the $$ issue was resolved. OMG - is that lady stupid or what?

Liza Jane said...

Yeah! Wow, that's a crazy story with your closing - glad the bank was able to fix their little mistake. Congrats! Can't wait to see pictures of the house.

Unknown said...

PS...I figured you could use some love...check out one of my posts from today!

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !