Thursday, June 19, 2008

It's a... What?!?

My brother and his wife Julia are expecting a baby girl in about a week. Wait, scratch that. They were expecting a baby girl in about a week. Today they found out they are having a boy... (in about a week).

They literally moved to Idaho from California like 2 weeks ago, if that. My brother is currently job hunting, so this is a really tough time for them financially to find out they have to buy all new stuff! If you have any baby boy clothes, etc. that you can part with, please send them (contact me for an address)!

I cleared out SO much baby boy stuff when we moved (darn it!) and after our moving truck gets here next week I'll have to weed through whatever is left, but anything any of you could do to help would be fabulous! I figured it couldn't hurt to toss it out there. Maybe some of you are saying, "I have to sort through my son's old baby clothes at some point, anyway...." This could be the kick in the pants you need to get it done! I know, wishful thinking.... ;)

5 comments:

Dad or Grandpa said...

What a great thing to do to help family. Christine is always thinkg of other people. What a great person

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that happened. I'm not sure what of my stuff will help. Bodie's still in 0-3 months stuff right now. They will have been born too close together maybe. I'll keep the address handy for once he grows out of them, I can pass them along.

Anonymous said...

They may be able to find a consignment/resale shop in their area that they could get some almost brand new things for next to nothing. We had one in East Jordan and some of the stuff still had tags on them. I was able to get whole outfits for like 2 and 3 dollars. Hopefully, they can find one in Idaho. IDAHO??!!!??

Unknown said...

whoa! sure makes you relieved that your US was correct, huh? Glad ours wasn't wrong!

Unknown said...

Oh, man, this gives me nightmares... granted, the ultrasound seemed pretty conclusive on ours being a boy. I hope Jeff and Julia got at least some gender-neutral items in their showers. In the meantime, I heartily second Holly's idea about the consignment shops and add in... garage sales! Those things tend to be full of baby stuff, and proliferate like crazy (at least here in Kansas) every Saturday morning.

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !