Saturday, July 12, 2008

"Lazy" Day at Home

There's no such thing as a completely lazy day at our house these days, but today we're as close to it as we can be. After I publish this post I'm going to take advantage of Chase napping and hang some blinds.

Here's a little footage of Chase playing in the sprinker today. We went out early to avoid the heat! It is really nice in the mornings and at night. As Brian says, "The weather down here is beautiful as long as you stay inside from 12-6."

I say 11-6.

When we came back inside we put Chase to work!

One of my favorite lines to throw at my parents growing up was, "You only had kids because you wanted slaves!" Maybe there's some truth to that?

KIDDING!!

Anyway, he enjoyed sweeping but wasn't so sure about laundry. He's not sure what to make of our new front-load washer and dryer.

And here's a picture that makes me laugh of Chase on our back porch.

He was in the middle of spinning around, but it makes me think of Saturday Night Fever!

Oh, man. Chase is up from his nap already. I guess I won't hang those blinds after all. Or shoot.... Maybe I'll make him do it! I mean, that is why we had kids, right?! ;)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hehe...our two have figured how to turn on the washing machine (or at least push the front buttons so it makes fun beeping sounds) BUT...they were walking by the other day when it was actually running and they weren't so excited about it! hehe!

Sandy K. said...

Our cat won't eat her food in the laundry room if the front loader is running. It takes a while after it's shut off for her to even look around the corner. Funny. She didn't mind the top loader at all.

Also, you and Jeff DID accuse us of only having children in order to have slaves. I now have heard from both of you that this is not necessarily true:). Ah - it makes a mother proud.

Liza Jane said...

I love that you put Chase to work! I totally do that with Liam. If you have a swiffer, you can remove two of the handle sections and it's perfect size for our little guys. Hopefully Chase gets over the fear of the washer/dryer soon - Liam loves to lean way in to retrieve a lone sock. Great since I can't bend much now! Love the disco pose!

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !