Thursday, November 5, 2009

Fort Hood Shooting

Hi there. We have had some emails of concern come through in regards to the Fort Hood shootings. We wanted to let everyone know that we are fine. Some of our district high schools were on lockdown, but luckily it was an early out day and the middle school students got out of school right when it happened (of course we didn't know about it at that time), so we didn't have to go through a lockdown or anything.

Brian has been put in charge of organizing some crisis counseling services at the university so he's going to be busy! And I'm wondering what school is going to be like tomorrow, with so many of my students being from military families. And I'm worried about the students I had at the school where I taught last year, because half of those kids lived on post (which was literally right out the back door of the school).

When I picked Chase up from daycare they were in a panic because with Fort Hood being on lockdown there were going to be a ton of kids stuck at daycare. I was happy to take Chase off their hands. When stuff like this happens you can't help but hug your family a little bit tighter.

4 comments:

Torin said...

Thanks for the post- I thought of you when they said the name of the town on the radio on my way home and I realized that's where you lived. I figured you guys wouldn't have any reason to be on base, but still...I was thinking of you...and my heart goes out to any kids, family, friend of the victims.

Jaybird and Me said...

I guess I didn't realize you guys were in Kileen. Glad you're OK.

Mike use to spend a lot of overnights there and I went with him once. There is a great crappy Chinese buffet (China Star maybe?). It's an awkward sort-of walking distance to the Hilton Garden Inn and also Wal-Mart.

Unknown said...

I love the China Inn! Christine won't go with me, so I venture there alone sometimes.

Jaybird and Me said...

Mike will be jealous as he doesn't work for ExpressJet anymore and thus no more China Inn.

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !