Monday, November 2, 2009

Nap Time Fun

Well, it finally happened to us. We had heard of this happening to practically every other parent we know and we were just waiting for the day it happened to us: Chase smuggled a blue crayon into his room during nap time.

He colored all over his white toy box (and decorated it with stickers)...

...and his white bookcase...

...and his wall:

I knew something was up when I found him like this:

(Someone was tuckered out after all that hard work!)

He looks pretty pleased with himself, doesn't he?

Of course we made him clean it up:

I had to call my mom right away and say, "What goes around comes around," because one of her favorite stories to tell about me is that I loved to color on the walls... and every time I did, she made me clean it up. Then one day my mom cleaned it up herself and I got MAD. Turns out I only colored on the walls so I could clean it up.

If Chase loves to clean that much I'm going to put him to work scrubbing toilets.

3 comments:

Jaybird and Me said...

My recent experience was more negligent.

Sandy K. said...

Ah, "sweet" memories:). He DOES look pretty pleased, no remorse at all. I'm afraid that bodes no good for future incidents, daughter.

Unknown said...

oh boy! Moments like these are why I'm so glad we're lucky enough to still have our two in cribs! I keep thinking we should transition them...but if its not broke...don't fix it! right? LOL!

Maybe over Christmas break....they'll be 3 by then....

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !