Sunday, October 30, 2011

Happy Halloween Eve!


Tomorrow is Halloween! We had an eventful weekend preparing for the day.

My amazing friend Katie came for the weekend and I made her be domestic with us. I mean, we had pumpkin carving that had to be done!  Chase was so sweet at the pumpkin patch.  I picked my pumpkin out right away, and so did he... but then it took forever for Chase to find the perfect pumpkin for his baby sister.  It was so sweet because nothing he found was good enough for her.  I'm so glad we finally found one that was up to his standards!

My mom made me a "pumpkin carving apron" (because she knows I don't do much of anything else in the kitchen that would warrant an apron) and Chase loved it, so he got to wear it:


Gutting is the fun part (ha!) but Chase does not like to touch the goo. Katie gutted Chloe's and Chloe just sat there and watched us all get messy!


Chase got to design his own jack-o-lantern face this year, and he also drew his sister's!


And here are the finished products!  All original artwork by the three (OK, two of the three) C's, with special thanks to Katie, our gutter/carver assistant!


After pumpkin carving we started working on cupcakes! Now, you know my history with cupcakes... it's hit or miss. This year I decided to make jack-o-lanterns, which required a lot of candy carving... which Katie was so kind to help me with!


We screwed up the first batch of orange frosting trying to get the right color, and on the second attempt I still didn't get it the color I wanted (it looks a bit like silly putty) but it works:


Then last night Katie and I went to a Halloween party! We were the cutest ceiling fans EVER:


I can't wait for you all to see the kids in their costumes tomorrow! They are going to be so cute! (Oh, the suspense!)

More photos of our weekend are in our Photo Album if you're interested!

 

1 comment:

Sandy K. said...

It looks like you had a great weekend. You and Katie look outstanding:)

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !