Sunday, August 9, 2015

Austin Mini Vacation

I took classes all summer, so we did not have much time for vacation.  I had one week with the kids to squeeze in some serious summer fun, so we took a "mini vacation" around the Austin area and downtown.

We went to the Hill Country Science Mill for some hands-on fun:






Then we went downtown, where we spent a bit of time at the hotel pool (of course!)...


And we saw the first half of "Hairspray" at Zilker Park (shame on Mom for getting there too late because we couldn't see a thing).  The kids were beat and frustrated so we had to leave at intermission...


I had to get a workout in, so I dragged the kids to the hotel gym with me, fully armed with electronics to occupy themselves... but they surprised me by exercising with me!  How fun!


It's a good thing we got all that exercise in, because then we went to the Ice Cream Festival:



And then we took a downtown boat tour.  It was HOT, but interesting, and the views of the city were beautiful!


In the end, we just love to get away.  Even though we didn't get all fancy and board a plane to an exotic destination, we had fun.  It's all about the time you spend together, anyway.

No comments:

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !