Sunday, February 5, 2017

Mini Vacation Downtown

My kids spent roughly 23 hours at work with me the last weekend I had them, as I had to get ready for my school's mock testing.  They were so patient and I felt really guilty about making them spend their time with me there, so I took them on what we call a "mini vacation" this weekend.  We got a room downtown and had a little getaway!  These trips are really fun and easy because #1, I use hotel points so the trip doesn't cost me much, and #2, the kids get really excited about the change in scenery!


We started the trip by taking a little stroll down Congress to check out the Big Top Candy Shop:


We had to pick out our candy for the pay-per-view movie to come later (after the room service pizza, of course)!

We spent the majority of our time at the hotel pool.  The kids love it!


And on our way home we just had to stop and get Amy's ice cream!


Yummmmmm....

It's been a challenge to find a healthy balance between work and play this year.  All I can do is the best I can, right?  I just hope that's good enough!

I love my kids....

No comments:

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !