Saturday, October 31, 2009

Holidays Domesticate Me

I am not very domestic by nature. I don't like to cook, I don't sew, I love a clean house but don't love to clean it. I would have been very single in the '50s. But for some reason holidays and special events tend to bring out a little domestication in me. This Halloween I feel like "Mom of the Year." Thursday night I worked in the kitchen for 3 1/2 hours, decorating two dozen cupcakes for Chase's Halloween party at day care Friday:

(I would tell you the story of how Brian delivered the cupcakes to daycare the next morning and one of the teachers dropped one of the pans face-down and caused an owl mass murder scene all over the classroom floor... but then I would burst into tears. So back to the subject of domestication....)

In addition to my fabulous cupcakes, I actually MADE Chase's Halloween costume this year. I am SO proud of it. I panicked when he told me what he wanted to be because we couldn't find it in the stores anywhere (and there was no changing his mind)! So I got on the internet and thankfully found a "no sew" costume. I was still nervous to make it because I was sure I would find a way to screw it up, but it turned out great. Phew! Stay tuned for photos!

No comments:

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !