Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

Today we carved pumpkins. This is the latest we have ever carved them, simply because last year when we carved them a week before Halloween we learned that down in Texas you can't carve pumkins that early. How did we learn this? When they caved in within a day or two of sitting on our porch in the heat and we actually had to throw them out before Halloween even came. So this year we bought our pumpkins last weekend and waited until today to carve them so our trick-or-treaters could actually enjoy them!

Anyway, Chase got to help this year for the first time, but he wasn't so sure about all the "gook."

It's funny because when Brian and I were carving pumpkins for our first Halloween together nine years ago, he told me that his mom would always gut the pumpkin for him and he would just do the carving. I was like, "WHAT?!? That's cheating!" and made him gut his own for the first time. He was not (and still isn't) a big fan of it.

Chase did OK once I got the majority of the guts out, but when I stepped back to take pictures I couldn't help but laugh at the irony. My two boys (the "sissies!") were gutting the pumpkins while I (the brave one, for once) stood back and took the pictures. Brian at one point said, "What's wrong with this picture?" Ha ha!

And when we went outside to put them on the porch, Chase explored our new Grim Reaper friend at the front door:

Creepy, huh? It has made me jump on more than one occasion. More photos are in our Photo Album if you're interested!

P.S. This is my second post of the day. Be sure to check out the previous post if you haven't already!

1 comment:

Sandy K. said...

I love the one of Brian and Chase carving pumpkins. You would assume they really liked this part!

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !