Saturday, October 3, 2009

I'm a Big Kid Now!

Notice anything different about this photo?

Yes, our baby is wearing big boy underwear. He has been getting really good about going potty (#1 and #2 now... I know that's probably TMI for some of you!) so we bought him a few pair to try out at home on the weekends. We aren't all about wearing them full time yet, but he has done well in them!

Quick story: I noticed Chase's new undies had a little flap in the front and I thought that was SO cute. So when I took him to go potty I showed him how to use it. It was a lot harder to open than I thought it would be, but I managed. So he peed, thinking he was so cool. But then afterward I couldn't get it back in! I started laughing so hard and Chase just took off running into the kitchen to show daddy. "It's stuck, Daddy! It's stuck!" As he ran around the house with it flapping out the front of his underwear I could not pull myself together. Brian was like, "Ummm, I don't think anyone actually uses those flaps." Wait....

What?!?

Why in the world do you put them there then? I was very disappointed. I mean, every girl dreams of that kind of easy access and you guys don't even use it?!? That's just wrong!

At any rate, I guess we'll go back to pulling the underwear down when we pee from now on. *sigh* It's just not as fun!

P.S. This is my third update today. See the previous post, as well as the one dated 9/20!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! I can totally see Jacob running around like that. I hadn't even attempted for Jacob to use that lil escape hatch - the kid has such bad aim...it seriously does not go where its supposed to go (even when he does aim!) I will forever be scrubbing the bathroom floor and wall....

Congrats on the PT success!

Holly said...

Chris said he uses the flap! I thought that might cheer you up a bit. Chris thought everybody used the flap. Weird. I told him Brian thought no one used the flap. Now I'm at a loss.

Christine said...

Brian explained to me that guys use the flap with boxers, not briefs. Who knows?!? Ha ha!

Holly said...

Ok. That clears everything up. Too funny.

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !