Sunday, February 21, 2010

Katie & Ashlyn Visit

Brian was presenting at a conference in New Orleans this weekend, so Katie and her daughter Ashlyn came for a visit! It was so much fun just hanging out with one of my best friends in the world. We ordered pizza, ate Ben & Jerry's ice cream out of the tub and BAWLED (like, literally sobbed) through "My Sister's Keeper." Omigod that movie was sad.

Anyway, I was bound and determined to get some pictures of Chase and Ashlyn playing together, but (are you ready for this?) I CAN'T FIND MY CAMERA. I think I'm going to die. But then this morning as we were all hanging out in the playroom upstairs I looked over and saw the camera my parents got Chase for Christmas, so I pulled that out and snapped a couple photos. The quality is not great, but at least I got SOMETHING!

After I took a couple shots Chase got really excited about the camera and decided to have some fun of his own snapping photos. Here's a small sample of his camerawork. He took pictures of Katie:

...and me:

...and Ashlyn:

What can I say? He's a leg man, apparently. He did get a couple decent ones after a little lesson in "point, THEN shoot:"

P.S. I should get major extra credit mom points for posting a pic of me in my PJ's with bedhead. Katie would shoot me if I posted the one of her. Love you, Katie!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

When I asked Chase what he did this weekend while I was gone, he responded, "I took a picture of Ashlyn's butt." I dismissed it as crazy talk until I saw here that he actually DID take a picture of her butt!

Christine said...

OK now.... THAT is hilarious!! I guess he's a butt man. My mistake!

Sandy K. said...

How funny is that?! Scary, too!

I think Ashlyn looks like Katie, don't you? What a cutie!

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !